Next you will need to determine if your golf cart has a Series Motor or a Regen Motor. This is fairly straight forward. You will have several tell tail signs that will help you determine the type of electric golf cart motor and system that is in your golf cart.
How To Determine The Difference Between Series or Regen Electric Golf Cart Motors
Customers ask me all the time for a faster motor or want to make their golf cart faster. I ask what kind of cart do you have? What is the set up Series or Regen? Same answer – I Don’t Know??? How can I tell they ask, so here you go a few basic ways to find out quickly.
Regen Carts – “Golf Carts with regenerative braking systems.”
- If you have a Run / Tow or Run / Maint. switch under the seat it is a Regen motor. See Picture below…
- If your golf cart motor has wires coming out the end and has a speed sensor it is a Regen Motor.
- If your golf cart has a toggle switch for the Forward / Reverse Selector you have a regen cart
- Lastly if you are under the golf cart and you see two different size threaded anchor bolts 2x @1/4″-20 and 2x @5/16″-20 it is a regen motor.
- If you look under the seat and you Do NOT have a Run / Tow or Run / Maint. Switch it is a Series Motor System.
- If you do not have wires coming out the end of the motor or speed sensor you have plain motor or Series motor system.
- If your golf cart has a handle and throw lever for the Forward / Reverse Selector you have a Series Motor
- Lastly if you are under the golf cart and you see two different sets of threaded anchor bolts but all are the same size 5/16″-20 it is a series motor.